As there are many fellow bloggers who visit my site, I am often asked what I have used to build my blog presence, so I thought it would be helpful to create a resource page that you can always come to so that you can also begin to earn online income. I’m in learning mode at present, and probably always will be, so please bookmark this page as it will be continually updated.
Disclosure: Please understand that some of the links below are affiliate links and that I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links (at no extra cost to you). These are all things that I have experience with that I am recommending because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products. Please do not spend money unless you feel it’s for something you really need and will help you reach your goals.
- Instant Motivational Supercharger: My fellow personal development guru Jeff Balagosa has put together an incredible tool to help you ‘say goodbye to procrastination and failure forever’ – and that means forever.
- Live Successfully System: Discover the Exact Steps To Money, Fame, Status & The Freedom Of Financial Independence from my friend Paul Williams.
- 15 Books That Destroyed My Mediocre Life: Here are a list of the 15 books that absolutely turned my mind inside out and my world upside down. My continued success can be directly attributed to the fact that I read these books over and over and over again – and then applied their teachings into action. I even pick them up from time to time now for a refresher and never grow tired of their contents. Read these and these books will change your life.
- WordPress: The #1 Blog Publishing Platform. Free and easily customizable with wonderful support. All of my blogs use WordPress.
- Woo Themes: The ultimate resource for premium looking WordPress themes.
- How to Start a Blog That Matters: My top recommendation for educational material if you’re looking to start a blog from scratch (via Corbett Barr of ThinkTraffic.net)
- Servint: This is where my Motivational Memo Blog is now hosted. I have a dedicated server package which can better handle the amount of traffic and activity on my blog. Great customer service, and have been using them for years for all my sites.
Product Distribution & Shopping Carts
- Clickbank: Another digital products retailer. Probably the most popular. Decently priced, but comes with an amazing affiliate program for your products.
- Paypal.com: Paypal is just ok for selling your own products through them, but you’ll need an account anyways to configure with and accept payments from the above shopping carts.
- WordTracker Free Keywords Tool: Spits out a number for the popularity of a keyword of your choice. Search volume numbers can be compared to find the perfect niche, or to choose keywords for your blog posts.
- Google Adwords Tool: A tool to help you decide what keywords to use for your Adwords campaigns. You can also check to see the popularity of certain keywords and the competition for ads for those keywords as well.
- Seo Book Keyword Suggestion Tool: Another fantastic keyword research tool, with even more information and numbers to compare and select the perfect keywords.
- Seo Keyword Ranking: An excellent tool to keep track of the keywords you’re working on. Excellent interface and really easy to use.
Email Subscriptions & Marketing
- Aweber: The internet’s most powerful email opt-in service and email marketing/broadcasting tool. This is what I use to build my email list and newsletter. For a free step-by-step tutorial, check out Pat Flynn’s The Beginner’s Guide to Starting a Newsletter.
- Google Adsense: Make money by placing relevant ads on your website that are generated from advertisers using Google Adwords. This is free to use, but you have to register for an account.
- Google Adwords: If you want to begin advertising on Google, you can select keywords and locations and you pay each time someone clicks on your advertisement.
- Google Analytics: Google’s free website tracking and analytical tool. A must have for anyone with any type of website.
- Clicky: Clicky is just like Google Analytics, except it’s easier to use, and you can view how many people are on your site (and what they are doing) in real time! Your first site is free.
- Google Optimizer: This is another free tool from google where you can test different webpages of the same content, only changing one or two things, so you can see which one works/converts best. It’s basically a website optimizer testing tool.
For Capturing Video and Screencasts
- Camtasia for Mac – Another option for screen captures
- Camtasia for PC (Camtasia Studio) – for screen captures
- Omnidazzle – to draw on your screen (free)
photo source: todayslifes.com